What is "2nd" piece in N800 FIASCO image?

Hello,

Because I have a powerpc with linux I need to use 0xFFFF to flash
images.

0xFFFF doesn't yet have the ability to flash the entire image but it can
unpack the image and then install the individual pieces.  The pieces
are: 2nd, initfs, kernel, rootfs, secondary, and xloader.

I can successfully flash all the pieces except "2nd"  The N800 seems to
operate fine without it. However, hat does that piece do and what am I
missing?

Thanks,

digger