help!? my N810 seems dead(ish)

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 01:56:43 +0000, Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I have the identical problem, and some poking around revealed that the
> wire from the charger to the unit is internally broken close to (or
> within) the rat-tail that comes out of the charger plug.
>
> These chargers seem to be very fragile, which is disappointing for
> something that cannot be replaced easily (not in stores), and the
> closest (N95 charger) costs ?25.  They also cannot be opened for a
> simple rewiring repair, even after removing the two retaining screws, as
> they appear to be sealed.
>
> How do I buy a replacement charger (or 3 or 4 of them if they are
> fragile)?

having gotten a full charge by leaving my N810 in the car for a few hours
(my DC adapters stayed powered with the car off, thankfully), I can say
with a fair assurance that I have the same problem as Peter.  I will be
getting the power adapter replaced under warranty if at all possible.  If
nothing else, Nokia is more likely to acknowledge it as an actual issue if
they have had warranty issues on it.  However, a brief search on google
shows some fly-by-night places that have it for really cheap (like a few
dollars), so I may just pick up a replacement and a spare for the office./;

My power cord had not moved from where it had been originally plugged in
when I bought the unit, so it shouldn't have failed.

Apologies for my panicked initial post - I was worried I would be without
my baby ;P

Thanks for the replies.
josh