"airplane mode" for traveling

Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
> a possibly unrelated data point...
>
> the offline switch on my thinkpad also disables bluetooth.  Clearly
> someone thinks that no RF mean no RF (well beyond the usual noise)

The same happed on a HP laptop I used for a while.

I think the reason is that bluetooth and wifi uses the same antenna, and
off-line mode probably just powers down the low level transmitter, so
both signals are turned off together.

I too ran into the problem with enabling off-line mode for power savings
and then not being able to use the bluetooth keyboard.

--
Ren? Seindal (rene at seindal.dk)
http://rene.seindal.dk/