DVD to tablet

Hi, I'm using Debian, but never played on video encoding... There's lots of
tools in Debian to convert videos. But the question is... what is the best
solution for our 770 tablets? I mean the simplest and lightest (I don't mind
about video quality, but disk space...) So... what kind of format should I
choose as the final form for my DVD to be seen on my 770?

Salut,
Sebas.