python question

Hi Zoran,

To do the update you have to remove all applications depending on
python2.4, then python2.4-runtime itself. Just follow the instructions
at PyMaemo webpage[1].

About package size it could be something with dependencies. For example,
Python2.4 install some extra packages (libraries, etc). In the other
hand, Python2.5 uses pre-installed packages. You don't miss any
functionality. We are doing some changes in webpage contents and soon
will be available a complete list of modules provided by PyMaemo2.5.

Another point: I recommend you to use OS2007-HackerEdition, since
PyMaemo for OS2006 will be discontinued at OS2008's launch.

Regards,
Luciano Wolf

[1]
http://pymaemo.garage.maemo.org/installation.html