Noob Questions

"ext Urivan Saaib" <saaib at ciberlinux.net> writes:

>> question is I'm wondering if it's possible to setup DNS suffix? I don't want
>> to type the long domain every time I try to go to a box on my company's
>> network.

Yes, this is a missing feature in N800/N810. The problem is the usage
of dnsmasq, we can't easily add support for search domains. I don't
remember the details anymore, but I think the only way solve is to
change dnsmasq to something else.

> This is a generic Linu networking question and you can accomplish that by
> adding your company's network domain into /etc/resolv.conf as:
>
> search company.com
>
> If you already have a search statement, just add the company.com to the end
> of the search path. Note that this might slow some initial host resolution.

Yeah, that will work but it will be a global (not per connection)
setting and most probably applications need to be restarted.

--
Kalle Valo