I have USB host!

 Jesper Cheetah twisted the bytes to say:

 Jesper> James Sparenberg wrote:
 >> Ok.  On OS2008 I did the following.
 >>
 >> 1.  Got a femail to femail connector so I can attach keyboard cable
 >> to the IT USB cable.
 >> [...]

 Jesper> On an N800, not using any power-injector? I was quite certain, based
 Jesper> on what others said, that the USB-chip relied on external power to get
 Jesper> powered up. Thus, even when working as a host, it still needed to have
 Jesper> power injected from "outside" of the N800.

I can report that the wireless keyboard Logitech S530 Mac works very
well. The keyboard has its own batteries, and the N800 is able to
power the wireless transceive without a problem. But I have not been
able to get the wireless mouse working (which uses simultaneously the
same transceiver).

--dmg

--
Daniel M. German