dual boot with 2007 from device and 2008 from MMC - possible?

Hi all,

I hope I am not thread-jacking (if so, please tell me and I will repost my
problem)

I am new to the list - just bought an N810 - having fun with it, but am
experiencing some frustration with my work network (WPA 1/2 - Cisco WLAN
with MS IAS RADIUS backend (PEAP MSCHAPv2)) - I can't connect to the
network.  I can connect to a guest SSID that is open (same access points
broadcast multiple SSIDs), but I really need access to the secured WLAN.

I have successfully connected to this same network using wpa_supplicant, so
I know it is possible, but wpa_supplicant doesn't seem to (yet?) be
available for OS2008

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:13:41 +0200, Kalle Valo <Kalle.Valo at nokia.com>
wrote:
> "ext Frantisek Dufka" <dufkaf at seznam.cz> writes:
>
>> Bob Lees wrote:
>>> OK looking into this slightly more, the wifi chip firmware appears to
> be the
>>> same for both os2007 and os2008.  The bt firmware is different
>>
>> I guess it is in userspace connection manager stuff. One could verify it
>> by trying to bring wi-fi up via wireless-tools (commandline tools -
>> iwconfig etc.), they are in maemo Bora repository. Small howto was in
>> maemo list month ago or so with subject "WLAN connectivity using only
>> wireless-tools".
>
> I would guess that it's a Wireless Extension problem. I did some
> changes for cx3110x in OS2008 and that most probably broke the
> backwards compatiblity with wlancond from OS2007.
>
> Wireless Extensions is a bit of a challenge, to put it mildly. The
> worst Linux kernel interface I have seen :/

Does this seem related?  Should I expect a fix on this?  Should I submit a
bug?
WPA-PSK seems to work fine (home network)

>> Sadly WPA does not work with this yet.
>
> Fortunately Lauro Venancio posted a patch for supporting
> wpa_supplicant to cx3110x-devel. I haven't yet tested them myself, but
> it would be nice if someone else (you?) can test it.
>
>> If you say the firmware is same one could also try to recompile older
>> cx3110x driver for new kernel.
>
> Yes, that's a good idea.
>
>> But this won't help if it is caused by some generic network changes
>> in linux kernel between .18 and .21.

I have connected using wpa_supplicant with the hostap driver using
2.26.21-hh18 on a pre-release of Angstrom, so I don't think the kernel is
broken (i don't believe any of the hh patches deal with network)

Again, this is on a new N810 (OS2008 out-of-the-box)

Best Regards and thanks for any tips.
joshua