Map application in os2008

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 03:17:06PM -0500, dave wrote:
:Sounds like you're referring to Maemo Mapper, whereas the OP is talking
:about the native Maps application in the forthcoming (kinda, sorta) OS2008.
:
:I haven't tried downloading US Maps, so I can't help.

I had trouble with the US east maps becasue I kept running out of
space on the mmc.  The download is >700M and it seems to need about
double that to unpack (though after it arranges it's files it uses
closer to the 700M figure than the 1.4G it needed temporarily).

wonder if you might be having a similar issue? It was unpacking to teh
internal (behind the battery) mmc, couldn't find any where to tell it
where to put the files (I had a nearly blank 2G card in the external
slot).

IMHO, the mapping software is no where near as good as MaemoMapper.
Seems to be the Navicore software that came with the navigation kit
for the n800.  I think it has a really poor UI, and you will need to
purchace the route calculation license to make it do anything.

Having bought the navigation kit I was very dissapointed, but quite
pleased with MaemoMapper, so I'm waiting for that to be released for
2008.

-Jon