n800 user reviews

Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> Peter Flynn wrote:
>> Wahlau - wrote:
>>> Hi PEter,
>>>
>>> have you tried Jalimo? I've got something running (CLI) when i last
>>> tried it...
>>
>> That looks a bit off-to-the-side with rather too many bells and
>> whistles. They appear to be pursuing the development of "Java-like"
>> GUI packages, whereas all I want is a plain commandline JRE. There was
>> one for the Zaurus, which is an ARM chip, so it can't be impossible.
>>

> Not sure if it was already suggested but you may also check this
> http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Mobileandembedded/PhoneMEAdvancedPlatformsNokia800

Again it looks interesting, but what I'm looking for seems to be a plain
vanilla copy of Java ME for the N800. No GUI, no embedded bells and
whistles. I want to be able to type java -jar something.jar at the
commandline and have it executed.

Has anyone compiled Jave ME for the N800, does anyone know?

///Peter