Use of enc wifi (wpa2 forced) causing streaming drop outs?

"ext Mike Klein" <mklein at vxappliance.com> writes:

> Guess this is going to be more difficult than I thought.
>
> After switching to wpa2/aes on AP...now it appears N800 drops streams
> after 30sec or so. Ends up resuming like 20-30 sec later every time.

Sounds like a (yet another) WLAN Power Save Problem to me.

> Not seeing same issue with any other clients (xp, 2k, wm) and I've run
> streaming tests on them all.

Unfortunately that doesn't tell much. I have understood that most of
Windows laptops don't support WLAN Power Save Mode, so testing an AP
with a Windows laptop doesn't tell much.

WM is Windows Mobile, right? I have never tried a Windows Mobile
device, I'm not aware of they use WLAN PSM or not.

> Everything's been power cycled. Using dd-wrt v24rc-4 on the ap.

Try disabling WLAN PSM from N800 by setting BOTH wlan_sleep_timeout
and inactive_wlan_sleep_timeout. Google is your friend.

But please note that this will kill your battery life.

--
Kalle Valo