need a community board?

Hi,

>	I think we need a community message board. Nowadays, there comes
nearly 20 mails per a day...mail group is so >primitive for this..Is
there anyone who knows why we don't have o message board like phpbb, smf
or something like >etc...?

I think I threw a question to maemo-developers about a message board at
stone age (at the time of Nokia 770),
but it seemed like most open source people didn't like the idea because
they were used to mailing lists.
We (me and Kate) are hosting on our home server our flying club's
message board (with phpbb) and for that community, the message board
seems to work although the same flying club has also a mailing list
where the announcements are being made. I do not know what are the plans
for maemo-users -community though, if such a thing is planned or not.
But for reading just interesting topics, I personally like web message
boards over mailing lists - mailing lists are good for announcements,
more official postings and the like where message boards shine in casual
conversation with capability of attachments (like screenshots etc.
without flooding anybody's mailbox), no need to quote previous poster to
get understood etc. But that is just my humble opinion and personal
preference. YMMV. And besides of that, most my mailing lists are coming
to my gmail address and I can manage them pretty ok with the filters
found from the gmail but it is still not quite as convenient for finding
interesting topics though than the web forums.

Best Regards,
Karoliina