Brick after battery dying?

Thanks all, I seem to be getting further.

Now I got a blue progress bar that progressively filled up and a Nokia
logo (text not hands).  It goes no further (after >10min), and doesn't
want to power off via the power button, though the back light does
time out and come back in resonse to the touch screen. I'll likely
reflash with RX-34_2007SE_4.2007.26-8_PR_MR0 next.

I'd tried taking the battery out before but apparently not for long
enough, that seemed to get me part way, far enough atleast for the
flasher to set r&d mode.

after setting r&d mode is when the progress bar came up. it also
showed I'm running HW build 1301 with nolo 1.1.6 and initfs version
osso-rx-34 2007-24 1, but it didn't actually boot to an OS.

I did install UIA and related packages from ccrl

I'll look up the accesspoint stuff, mine is an old enterasys box.

The charger and battery seem good, when it's in use for hours it seems
to drain at a reasonable rate and fill at a reasonable rate when
charging.  Though it's died both nights I left it on over night, last
time it came back when charged though.