Brick after battery dying?

Hi,
On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 18:46 +0300, ext Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ext Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
> > I must say I'm not exactly loving my n800...
> >
> > Battery died while in sleep mode over night (sayd it had days of idle
> > time available but I guess waking up every 10min to scan for wireless
> > killed it).

Even with wlan enabled it should last something like 3-4 days, iirc.
You should check your access point against those that are blacklisted.
You can search for mails from Kalle Valo in the archive.

> This morning after hours of charging and while plugged in
> > it will not power up.  The back light comes onand the screen goes
> > white, once I even got a Nokia logo, then it dies.

Does it turn on when you plug in the charger? (I assume that the charger
itself is already connected to the wall socket).

If it doesn't, then your battery is not charging. I don't know if it is
a problem in the device or in the charger, though. That would also
explain why it dies, the battery is flat.

--
Cheers, Igor

Igor Stoppa <igor.stoppa at nokia.com>
(Nokia Multimedia - CP - OSSO / Helsinki, Finland)