chinook

Fred,

I did some more research into the problem of connecting to Windows Vista
and Windows Sever 2008 Beta 3 using Rdesktop on the N800.

It turns out that if I use the IP address instead of the netbios
hostname that the Rdesktop client DOES work on the N800. It is kind of
interesting to see the Windows Media Center application running on the
N800 screen. I can even use the N800 to manage the TV programming
guide/selection. However, The Media Center application is "smart" enough
to realize that it is connecting to a RDP display and so video playback
is suppressed.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks, LLC

*Serving the SmartDigital^TM home, entrepreneurial enterprise, and
emerging network service provider markets*