n810 GPS API?

Mihamina

It's possible it uses gpsd but I haven't really seen any details yet.
gpsd clients use a simple client library to talk to the daemon.

Power management of the gps is also an unknown. gpsd can close its
connection to the gps when no clients are connected, but I don't know
if that's enough to work with for automatically powering down the idle
gps.

Brad