N810 is here

Krischan Keitsch wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2007 schrieb John Rudd:
>> Kahlil Johnson wrote:
>>> Wow, still no OGG.... when will maemo people ever learn. Who cares
>>> about AAC, give us OGG.
>> Huh.  I have many AAC files.  I have no OGG files.  Why should even
>> remotely care about OGG?
>>
>> Or is this one of those "you absolutely need it for interesting content
>> in Europe, but it's absolutely useless for content in the Americas" type
>> situations?
>

> <confused>
> ???
>
> Sorry John, I didn't get your point. What does ogg support have to do with
> Europe / America?
>
> </confused>

Just trying to figure out why OGG seems to be a non-issue among people I
interact with regularly, but a big issue for some others.  It was just a
hunch that it might be another difference in media formats between here
and there (which do happen every so often).

> However, we can't have enough codex, eh?

Choice is good.  But "wanting one more media" is different from trashing
one (popular) media format with rant inducing requests for another one.
  Especially when I'm not aware of any real media source that only uses
OGG (thus making the only way to access their content being "support
OGG").  So I was just asking why I would want to support OGG at the
expense of AAC.