N810 is here

All,

kidding aside, I have to say that, as I would expect from Nokia, if the
product ,once launched, "meets or exceeds spec",  then Nokia has indeed
proven itself as a "fast learning organization" with this product by

    a) adding some key functional capabilities that those on this list
have "vocalized" during the last two years

and

    b) "turning" a significantly updated (faster and better, if not
cheaper) hardware platform in less than 12 months.

It would be nice to know how much longer before the WIMAX version of the
product is released. But, hey, maybe the Intel WIMAX chipset is there in
the 810 and is simply awaiting a future firmware upgrade.

On the other hand, because WIMAX is still somewhat "early days" and,
therefore, balkanized in its deployment around the world, Nokia may be
planning to launch a distinct version for the (increasing number of)
markets that are deploying WIMAX services.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks, LLC

* *

*Serving the SmartDigital^TM home, entrepreneurial enterprise, and
emerging network service provider markets*