Improvements in the browser

I'm a systems admin. I work with these things for a living (why I insist
on screwing around with them on my off time, I'm not sure)... much of
what I do is what I call "voodoo system administration"... I try this, I
try that, I faintly recall that doing this cured a vaguely similar
problem several years ago, or that I heard tell someone fixed something
like that by doing this... I jump up and down in front of the machine
and chant.... and eventually something fixes the problem. Often I'm not
exactly sure what.

My favorite joke goes something like this...

An electrical engineer, a mechanical engineer, and a computer technician
were in a car that wouldn't start.

The electrical engineer says, "Let's get out, look under the hood, and
see if the battery's properly connected or there are any loose wires."

The mechanical engineer says, "Let's get out, look under the hood, and
see anything's broken or come loose."

The computer engineer says, "Let's all get out of the car, slam the
doors, and get back in again." :)

Of course, on a Unix system, there's a lot less voodoo than Windows. :)

Thomas