Can't get the blue pill

The problem is that I don't get the option screen.
I open the application manager, open the catalog, select "new", change the
address to "matrix" and select "cancel".  The screen is going back to the
catalog menu instead of the pill screen.  Have you experienced this before?
Thanks for the help.

Mike