gpe-calendar sounds!!!

Use a newer version - 2.8 and newer have sounds.  (You do have to leave
GPE Calendar running.)

Make sure you're using the cobb.uk.net version -
http://linuxtogo.org/~florian/maemo/ - follow the instructions at
http://cleardefinition.com/page/Sync_Evolution_and_GPE_on_N800/

Ryan
Lars Persson Fink wrote:
> Gary,
>
> There is a bug #39 for this over at gpe.linuxtogo.org. I have no idea
> what the current status is.
>
> Regards,
> Lars Persson Fink
>
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:04:29 -0400
> Gary Baribault <gary at baribault.net> wrote:
>

>> Hey guys, I have been at Linux since 1998, but have worked RedHat and
>> SuSE, this is my first shot at Debian.
>>
>> I have an IPaq, and laptop, and MP3 (Creative), but I would love to
>> replace all that with the N800. I bought one three weeks ago and just
>> love it.
>>
>> I'm quite hopefull that the ca-100 will soon be available in Canada.
>>
>> I would love if the GPE-Calendar would scream(make a sound) when an
>> alarm was due .. is that possible? This is the last thing keeping the
>> other devices in my laptop bag!!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gary B

Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com
AbiWord Community Outreach Project: www.cleardefinition.com/oss/abi/blog/

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement."
 -- Helen Keller

"The folder structure in a modern Linux distribution such as Ubuntu
was largely inspired by the original UNIX foundations that were
created by men with large beards and sensible jumpers."
 -- Jono Bacon, The Ubuntu Guide