Backing up an image...

Thomas Leavitt wrote:
> So, like, when my box locked up (for no particular reason I could tell)
> and I had to wipe and re-install, three days after I got the thing, it
> wasn't that big a deal... just a few wasted hours... but now, I've got a
> substantial investment in it... how do I back this thing up, so I can
> re-flash it to where it is now, in case something breaks in the future
> and "bricks" it?

Hi Thomas,

so far many of your your questions to the list seems to me like this one
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id271908

Please try to use mailing list search before firing questions
Searchable archive is here http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/maemo/
You may also try search whole maemo site - www.maemo.org (search box in
upper right corner) and forum at http://www.internettablettalk.com/

For recovery I'd suggest setting up booting from mmc and backing up via tar.

Frantisek