Application Launcher

Misha--

I downloaded the file (direct download link) and installed Simple-
Launcher by opening in the Application Manager.  A straightforward
process.

It works like a charm with OS2006 and does exactly what I want -- a
few easily changed icons in some empty desktop space that you then
simply click to directly open applications.

It wasn't exactly clear when first installing Simple-Launcher that
only a small box would appear in Edit Layout mode for the applet to
then drag to its preferred location.  My small box was initially
mostly hidden beneath the internet search applet.

I'd suggest listing Simple-Launcher as OS2006 compatible after you
get positive feedback from a significant number of users.  Add my
vote.  It is a valuable tool.

--Don