Blinking backlight and no sound

> That  sounds a lot like a problem I had about a month ago.
>
> The N800 was left charging overnight like usual, and when waking it
> up in the morning I encountered the same blinking backlight. I did
> not play with it long enough to try to play an mp3, I just reflashed
> the device and it was back to normal.
> I can't remember if I tried taking the battery out or not.
>
> My girlfriend is also currently experiencing the same problem, but as
> she is off in europe right now I have not been able to look into it
> much.
>
> Any idea what the problem could be? Bad battery connection, maybe?
> But that doesn't explain why reflashing my device fixed it.

I am not sure what is going on here with Nokia; but i am glad (i think)
that others are having the same problems that I have been having.

As for build quality, this device is suffering.  The other night i had a
new problem; the sound was always coming through the speakers no matter
what i plugged into the 3.5mm socket.  I had to reboot for it to be
rectified.

I am slowly becoming saddened and disheartened with this device.  What
was once a pride and joy, has become a "will it or won't it work" device.

Will not be standing in line for the next Nokia device that comes out,
thats for sure.