Tableteer redirect broken with microb

Andrew Flegg wrote:
> On 8/12/07, Ryan Pavlik <abiryan at ryand.net> wrote:
>
>> In this case and all cases of apparent software defects on a Maemo
>> device, you should file them as a bug at https://bugs.maemo.org/
>>

> In the case of a bug with Maemo, yes, I'm very aware of that.
>
> This isn't a bug with Maemo, though. It's a bug with a Nokia-provided
> website which really shouldn't belong in Maemo's Bugzilla.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew
As I see it, from a developer's point of view, since the Maemo bugzilla
is effectively the only Nokia-related bugzilla that is public-facing and
in general use, it is better that the bug be recorded _somewhere_
persistent, where it will probably be migrated to the internal Nokia
bugtracker, than the report be lost on a user list.

It is much easier to move, reassign, close, or refer a bug in some
structured tracker than to remember where in the list archives it was.

(Additionally, in this specific case, I'd imagine a bug against MicroB
would get the MicroB folks to bug the Tableteer folks through the
appropriate internal communication, whereas I'm sure they probably don't
read maemo-users on a regular basis.)

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement."
 -- Helen Keller

"The folder structure in a modern Linux distribution such as Ubuntu
was largely inspired by the original UNIX foundations that were
created by men with large beards and sensible jumpers."
 -- Jono Bacon, The Ubuntu Guide