Sprint's N800 with WiMAX

They never officially said N800 just an internet tablet so it will
most likely be a new model in the Internet Tablet line.  I hope
whatever advances are included are available in a non-wimax device as
well.  Not sure I'll be getting wimax service right away in the NY
metro... Though presumably we'll have a few connectivity options
anyway just like today so I guess it won't really matter if there's
more than one though perhaps the cost benefit of not paying for a new
(and unsubsidized) wireless chipset.

Actually that brings up an interesting point.  One of the key
advantages of the Internet tablet is that there are no carrier hoops
to jump through and it's sold as an open device.  The Sprint /
Clearwire partnership is looking good and both have said they will
allow access from non-branded compatible devices, but Sprint and Nokia
(as well as Sprint and Google) have announced a formal partnership
here so is the tablet getting a carrier / service badge and therefore
a subsidy?

Will we even be able to consider buying an "unlocked" version?