Gpe and Multisync

Hi Folks,

What's the status regarding MultiSync and the GPE applications these
days?  I've read through Ryan's howto [1] and the ITT thread from 2006
[2] and so far I'm able to do a test sync between the gpe apps and
evolution that includes calendar and todo data.  If I try to sync my
contacts I get the following error:

[... etc ...]
Received an entry gpe-contact-120 with data of size 4 from member 1
(gpe-sync). Changetype ADDED
Received an entry gpe-contact-119 with data of size 4 from member 1
(gpe-sync). Changetype ADDED
Received an entry gpe-contact-118 with data of size 4 from member 1
(gpe-sync). Changetype ADDED
gpesyncd[1172]: GLIB ERROR ** default - file mimedir-vcard.c: line 2520
(mimedir_vcard_write_to_profile): assertion failed: (priv->fn != NULL)
aborting...
Aborted

If I track down contact 118 (manually poking in the sqlite db) and
remove it, the process hangs on a different contact.  I haven't yet put
much effort into determining what characteristics about a contact make
the process fail.  But my question is... is it _supposed_ to work or is
this pretty much expected behavior at this point?  I've tried various
ways of getting data in and out of GPE in the past and have never found
anything reliable enough to be useful.  Enough work has happened around
multisync since I last investigated that it seemed worth another look,
but the early indications are that it isn't terribly robust.

Is anyone using this and finding it reliable or otherwise?

Thanks,
Mike Lococo

[1] http://www.cleardefinition.com/page/Sync_Evolution_and_GPE_on_N800/
[2] http://internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923