question on booting from mmc

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 09:41:04PM +0200, Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> Also as mentioned in that thread (and in README and bootmenu
> configuration examples inside initfs flasher), it may be better to use
> ext3 not ext2 system as ext3 has similar journaling nature like jffs2 so
> you don't need to run fsck when your system does not shutdown properly.

Yeah, but the ext3 journal wears out the flash card much more quickly.
Given how cheap 2GB cards are, maybe we don't care, but given how
quick e2fsck is on a 2GB flash disk, another approach would be modify
the boot script so that it detects if the root filesystem is ext2, and
if it is unclean, force an fsck automatically.

      	 					- Ted