getting to a command line on the n800

Hi,

you will need to add a few more repositories for starter (please find
below example). Then, as others said, you can install osso-xterm or
osso-xterm-advanced. Also there is a few method of gaining root access
(separate package I cannot remember name) or alternatively you can
install ssh server and run ssh root at localhost (def password: rootme).
Obviously if you decided to install ssh server you need to change root
and user password for security reason. Also you may install and
configure iptables.

good luck

Pit

#maemo:name Nokia Catalogue
#maemo:essential
deb http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/certified/ bora user
#maemo:name Nokia Catalogue (3rd party software)
deb http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/non-certified/ bora user
#maemo:name Canola
deb http://openbossa.indt.org.br/canola/repository-beta2/bora bora user
#maemo:name Maemo Repository
deb http://repository.maemo.org/ bora free non-free extras
#maemo:name Maemo Extras
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras bora free non-free
#maemo:name Tuomas Kulve - Maemo - Bora
deb http://tuomas.kulve.fi/debian bora maemo
#maemo:name Kernel Concepts
deb http://downloads.kernelconcepts.de/maemo3 bora free
#maemo:name MUlliNER.ORG Repository
deb http://www.mulliner.org/nokia770/repository/ bora free
#maemo:name eko.one.pl Catalogue
deb http://eko.one.pl/maemo/ bora user
#maemo:name Nokia Research Centre Cambridge
deb http://repository.nrcc.noklab.com/ bora extras
#maemo:name tortoise catalogue
#deb http://www.users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~cej105/maemo.html bora user
#maemo:name quiver