When are we to expect the next update for the N800 from Nokia?

I'm not sure about Dallas, but I would hope they are working on free wifi, I
live in the Midwest, and both Dubuque, IA and Madison, WI are working on
getting free city wide wifi within the next 5 years or at least thats what
they tell us.  There are already a few free wifi spots in Dubuque thanks to
the city.  I can't wait till I live in a city that has wifi city wide, I'd
even be willing to pay a small fee for it.

Back to the original title of this thread.  I am interested in knowing when
the next release would be that would include the USB drivers so I know if I
should start playing with compiling the kernel myself or if I should just
wait a bit longer for a release.