Creating fotos from command-line?

I bet you can, but you actually need to plugin to the API that habldes the
video. I dont know if it uses V4L go  control the cammera but I can say that
the images from the web cam are not good at all. Digital cammeras might be a
better bet, you can sync with ur phone through bluetooth and send all the
files.