Nokia 770, BT-Plugin and Freedom Universal Keyboard HID

I am running

Nokia 770
OS 2006 3.2006.49-2
maemo-bt-plugin-0.6.1-1

I have been reviewing the connection processes discussed with the manual
with this Freedom Universal Keyboard (with other supported drivers) and it
does not mention any key sequence to start the connection process.  It only
says when you turn the keyboard on there is a small flashing green light on
the keyboard flashing every other second, which mine does.

Tony