Slow SSH connect to N800.

"ext Matthew J Hendrickse" <matthew at winterlight.com> writes:

> Has anyone that has used SSH with their N800 had any speed issues?
>
> I can connect to any machine using SSH *from* my N800 and it's the same
> nice speed that I get when I connect from my main PC. However if I try
> to SSH *to* my N800 from any machine on my network then it seems that
> the connection is stupidly slow - so slow it's not really useable.

There are few issues which would have an effect when connecting to
N800 with ssh. It's basically dependent on network latency from AP to
N800.

These at least come to my mind:

o wlan_sleep_timeout in N800. If it's low, N800 will go to WLAN
  Power Save Mode more quickly which will increase latency.

o Beacon period an DTIM in AP. The higher they are, more latency there
  will be when N800 is in Power Save Mode.

o Broken APs. I have seen APs which don't support Power Save Mode
  properly and connecting with ssh to N800 usually reveals these kind
  of problems.

You could try disabling wlan_sleep_timeout (ie. setting it to 120000)
to see if that helps. But be aware that it will drain your battery
within few hours.

--
Kalle Valo