new n800 user problem connecting

> i set my macook pro as a wifi base (via sharing internet connection
> through wifi-airport) )
> the n800 sees the connection, connects fine but neither mail nor web
> works, there is no firewall, everything is set on dhcp and no
> personnal dns set.

Some troubleshooting should be helpful. ifconfig, resolv.conf. Then
try to go out. Ping, traceroute. The very problem might be on mac.
It has to pass and probably nat packets. If I remember well, the kernel
is mach, microkernel. It is different than freebsd and resembles hurd in
some instance. You should have forwarding allowed, not just in firewall,
I think. Then, new macs use modern protocols like "n". Check again
all options to have "g" included.
At first, try name resolution.

                                   Zoran