Maemo audio player

Am Sonntag 13 Mai 2007 schrieben Sie:
> Hans,
>
> I saw your message on maemo-users and am replying here since I am not a
> member of maemo-users.

Dunno if you have to be subscribed to post to maemo-users.

> I use gst-ogg-vorbis_0.1.deb by N770-FREAK. It isn't in any repository
> as far as I know. A link can be found here:
>
> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3441&page=2&highl
>ight=N770-FREAK

Thanks for that hint. Reading that thread, I finally found the solution:

I simply had to install the mogg package from the repositories and reboot.
After that, the standard audio player plays ogg just fine. I tried mogg
once but didn't reboot...

Anyway, I will never understand why Nokia didn't add Ogg Vorbis support
if it's that easy. After all, it's free. IMHO, producing a device based
on open source software without supporting common open source file formats
is really hard to understand.

Thanks again for your help,
Hans