Skype Update?

On 5/9/07, Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:
> With non-Gizmo servers I saw frequently the first seconds missing in a call
> (not sure if that is by accident). That rendered it unusable for me. I was
> trying with sipgate.de, all desktop VOIP clients worked well with that SIP
> server.

That really isn't limited to non-Gizmo servers ... it happens on the
Gizmo servers too. I had reported it and was told that it was a
hardware CPU limitation issue that causes some time to set up the data
stream once the connection is made. I am sure things could be done
with setting things up while the line is ringing but they seem to be
working on other things than optimizing for the 770/N800.

I hope that Ekiga shows up on the 770/N800 some day ...

Either way, if you can get over the few second delay on pick up with
Gizmo, the call quality is good with very few dropouts (fewer dropouts
than mobile phones but more than land-lines with voice quality better
than both).

/Mike