Poor GPS Navicore software

On 8 May 2007, Ralph Angenendt <ralph+maemo at strg-alt-entf.org> wrote:
> Missouga Dongi wrote:
> > Other annoyances: Most of the Nokia tablet owners use the auto-lock
> > function of the tablet so when it's not in use for a period longer
> > than a few minutes it locks the screen and then you have to use the
> > stylus to enter your unlock code to activate it again. This function
> > is not disabled by the Navicore software and your device locks its
> > screen while you navigate.
>
> There is a "power saving" (or similar) setting somewhere, which should
> work around that when disabled. At least my tablet doesn't blank then.

The "power saving" works fine but has nothing to do with the screen-lock.
In "power saving" mode blanks your screen to save battery power until a
turn or other event arrives. Then the screen "wakes up" for the time it
takes to go past that turn and then it goes back to sleep again.

The screen-lock is active regardless of the power saving setting. It
will lock your screen if you have not touched the screen or the keys for
5 minutes (or the period you've set). Once your screen is locked only
the number pad is displayed although the Navicore software is still
running in the background.