Accuracy of the power meter?

"Theodore Ts'o" <tytso at mit.edu> writes:

> I've been noticing that I don't get anywhere near the promised "10 days
> idle" battery life on my N800.  With bluetooth and the wireless turned
> off (offline mode), and with the display off and keys/touchscreen
> locked, I'm getting at best 8-10 hours of idle time before the battery
> is completely drained.

8-10 hours of standby time implies that the MPU cannot sleep.

> Has anyone seen anything like this or any thoughts about why I might be
> seeing this?

Usually there are two cases, either serial-console RD flag is enabled
or USB cable is connected. Both block MPU from sleeping (or going into
retention or whatever it is called). If it's not that, I would guess
that it's some badly behaving application.

--
Kalle Valo