Nokia N800 or N770 and very bad eyesight.

I wear glasses with a correction of -7 diopters.  This means that
without glasses I tend to fucus about 15 cm from my nose, and everything
closer and farther is a blur.  I read small print by taking my glasses
off and putting the page 15 cm from my nose.  It's really hard to read
small print with my glasses on because then I can't focus much closer
than 50 cm away, which makes the print even smaller.

Now I have no doubt I can ise the Nokia N800 with the stylus 15 cm from
my nose.

What I'm wondering is using it with a keyboard.  The keybouard would
then be on a table, and presumably the N800 would too, placing it about
50 cm frim my eyes, possibly making it hard to see the text I'm editing
on the screen.

I once tried using a non-backlit Palm pilot like that and found it quite
useless as a text editing device.

Can anyone with eyesight as bad as mine report on their experiences?
(Experience with the Nokia N700 would probably be just as informative)

-- hendrik