gpsbabel

Rainer,

> I am wonding if anybody has build gpsbabel on the maemo plattform. I would
> want to use it to download log data from a wintec WBT-201 GPS mouse and
> display it with maemo-mapper.

get it working on a desktop first... I understand that wintec changed the
protocol in this model and gpsbabel needs tweaks to get it to work properly.

Andy Armstrong wrote a couple of weeks ago that he would figure out the new
protocol and submit changes but I haven't seen anything yet. The device may
still be backordered from his supplier.
http://www.nabble.com/Wintec-WBT-201-t3580968.html

I was right on the verge of replacing my old wintec when I saw this problem,
but hopefully Andy gets it going soon. I'll definitely paypal him when that
works :)

Brad