Choice of Programming Languages

On 4/26/07, Jeff G <hjeffg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since this topic was brought up, does Python + pygtk allow you to
> easily create widgets at fixed locations with fixed sizes?  I'm having
> trouble with all the "auto fit, autosize" stuff. I know it's less
> portable, but I really want to use a fixed location GUI builder and
> runtime.

Sure, HBox, VBox and Table uses this, but since it's not recommended,
it wasn't made easier. You'd have to inherit from Container and place
your children, taking care of required methods.

I know understanding these layout managers are not easy, but give it a
try, since after some experiments you'll get used. You can mail the
list or mail me in private to get some feedback on how to do things.

As I said before, maybe your app fits in Eagle scope, then you can use
it, it's much simpler and I have pre defined layouts. Forms are just a
matter of placing fields, labels are already done and aligned.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
Jabber: barbieri at gmail.com
   MSN: barbieri at gmail.com