Choice of Programming Languages

Hello,

well I am not a developper, but would like to add the followiing. Gcj
allows to compile java to native code directly, which improves the
footprint, ... I don't know if there are any java-bindings however. Phones
alzxo run java. Jamvm is maybe lighter, ... than the sun-one, but I don't
know enough of it to make a  good judgement about it!

Greetings,

Michel