A suggestion

James Knott wrote:
> Fr?d?ric Crozat wrote:
>> Le dimanche 22 avril 2007 ? 10:39 -0400, James Knott a ?crit :
>>
>>> On other mail lists, there is usually a tag applied to the messages, to
>>> indicate the list.  This has often kept me from deleting valid mail,
>>> that otherwise had a subject that might have appeared to be spam.  These
>>> tags are enclosed in square brackets, something like [maemo-u] and my
>>> message, for example, would appear with the subject "[maemo-u] A
>>> suggestion".
>>> Any thoughts on this?
>>>
>> It has been removed some time ago, because it clutters subjects more
>> than anything. Any good mailer can filter mails from list correctly.
>>
> I prefer not to filter my mail on receipt.  I read it from my inbox and

Seamonkey / Thunderbird filters can add a tag, and you can display the
tags column next to the subject in the message list. Gmail displays its
tags in the subject space. The relevant information is present in the
messages, and the display is a user preference thing, so it's best
handled in the user agent. Note the above muas can't do away with
subject tags afaik at least ootb so the reverse setup wouldn't work out
to various preferences quite as well.

't.