N800 switches on by itself while recharging

Hi,

(I cross-posted this to devel as this is interesting also to
them. When replying, you could remove e.g. "users" list as
I don't think this applies that much to normal users anymore.)

ext Laurent GUERBY wrote:
>> You can enable them for all applications by creating a "core-dumps"
>> directory to the external MMC.
>>
>> Unfortunately the cards are mounted with "user" user, so processes
>> like "dsnmasq" which are run as user "nobody" cannot dump core to
>> the MMC unless you re-mount it so that everybody can write there
>> (and even then you don't always get core dumps from segfaulted
>> processes for some reason).
>
> I tried mount -o remount,rw /media/mmc1 but "nobody" didn't
> seem to be able to create a file in /media/mmc1/core-dumps/

This doesn't make /media/mmc1/ writable by everybody.
(Busybox mount sucks?)

> What mount option should I use?

This works:
umount /media/mmc1/
mount -t vfat -o
rw,nodev,nosuid,utf8,uid=29999,shortname=mixed,dmask=0000,fmask=0133
/dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/mmc1

Check also that:
	ulimit -c unlimited
is run before DSME[1] in linuxrc (on initfs).

[1] which (re-)starts the dnsmasq proccess along with many others...

	- Eero