Is it possible to change screen orientation with N800?

> I was wondering wether it is possible to switch from landscape to
> portrait display mode with the default setup.

FBReader can do this in fullscreen mode, there may or may not be other
applications that are able to as well.  It is not (yet) possible to do
this globally, or for the main desktop screen.

If I recall correctly, some of the infrastructure exists, and some
enterprising developer could start work on the project (although I
believe it's not trivial).  Search the mailing lists for 'xrandr'.

Thanks,
Mike