N800 switches on by itself while recharging

Hi,

Kalle Valo wrote:
>>> Is there a way to enable core dumps for selected applications?
>>> If so that may be a solution.
>> You can enable them for all applications by creating a "core-dumps"
>> directory to the external MMC.
>>
>> Unfortunately the cards are mounted with "user" user, so processes
>> like "dsnmasq" which are run as user "nobody" cannot dump core to
>> the MMC unless you re-mount it so that everybody can write there
>> (and even then you don't always get core dumps from segfaulted
>> processes for some reason).
>
> Ah, that explains why we couldn't get core dumps with dnsmasq.
> This is a tricky bug, any ideas how to get more information?

If you have trouble getting core-dumps, just attach to the process
with Gdb (after giving it the binary and making sure you have the
debug symbol file packages installed).

Note that Gdb buffers the keyboard, so if you press enter twice after
typing "cont", Gdb redos the "cont" when the process crashes and you
get back to the Gdb prompt.  As a result the debugged process
disappears which is *very* annoying for bugs which are really hard
to reproduce (it took a while before I understood on the first time
why process exited instead I being able to get a backtrace from Gdb).
Make very sure you don't press enter any extra times...

	- Eero