 Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:39:36 +0200
 From: " Hinrich G?hlmann "
 Subject: Offline installation of applications
 To: maemo-users at maemo.org
 Quick question: does the application manager require a internet
connection?
 I was trying to install the VIM which I had previously saved on my
SD card
 at home. I currently have no WIFI connection but internet and have
just
 flashed the newer OS version. But whenever I try to install VIM
"from
 file..." it gives me the dialogue "connecting..." and of course
never finds
 something. When I cancel I just get the "Unable to refresh list."
dialog and
 that's it! Any ideas?
 Cheers,
 hinrich   d8-)