Alternative Window Managers packages ?

ext ???? ??? (makuchaku) wrote:
> On 3/23/07, Tapani P?lli <tapani.palli at nokia.com> wrote:
>> ext Anuj Verma (Kevin) wrote:
>> > Hello List,
>> >
>> > I am very much bored with hildon by now. Can some one please tell
>> me if
>> > any alternative WM available for N800 in .deb by now ?
>> >

>> What kind of improvements for WM do you have in mind? Remember that all
>> ideas are welcome and most of them probably doable depending if it makes
>> sense (provides additional usability) and is possible performance and
>> memory-wise.
>
> I would love to be able to drag dialog boxes across the screen.
> Sometimes, one wants to see what text/info is hidden beneath the
> dialog box - for which, as of now, the dialog box has to be dismissed
> & then activated again...

If you want to see only one level below, you can tap&hold stylus at
dialog titlebar which makes it 'invisible'. Moving dialogs on the screen
with Matchbox is possible (with run-time switches given on startup) but
our UI has been designed to be more static, we don't see the benefits of
moving the dialog as it's modal to application anyway (you cannot access
the application).

> :)
> makuchaku

// Tapani