Problem connecting through captive portal(s)

Our local ISP uses Mikrotik mesh routers and a captive portal.  My 770
and N800 both have problems connecting to this network, while I have no
problem with my home wireless, friends wireless, etc.

After speaking with them, I learned that the ISP sends as many as 4 ARP
packets per second (usually one every couple seconds) to keep track of
which devices are still alive on the net.  Is this the possible source
of these problems on my Nokia tablets?  Anyone have any similar issues?
Any ideas on what I might do to diagnose this problem on the 770?

Cheers,
bd