What works, what doesn't work

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 03:26:54PM +0100, Luca Donaggio wrote:
> I use vncserver on n800 and vncviewer on my Linux box... this "kinda" works,
> *but*:
>
> - hitting the return button when typeing something triggers the n800 Thumb
> board and I have to quit it and use the return on the VKB instead, which
> renders the PC keyboard pretty useless

The same same thing happens if you connect a USB keyboard to the 770
(with the USB power injector hack).

You can switch to a different Gtk input method by pressing Shift-F10 (or
perhaps the right mouse button) and choosing XIM as the input method.
Or you can switch input methods with key shortcuts by creating a
.matchbox/kbdconfig file, like described here:
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HowTo_SetupKeyboard

Marius Gedminas
--
Given enough eyeballs all bugs are shallow.
		-- Eric S. Raymond, "The Cathedral and the Bazaar"